A bunch of random thoughts for your consideration:
- Welcome to September 2017, or as some like to call it, the official start of Autumn. That's good news if you're a fan of maple and pumpkin flavors, because just about every item in existence adds those two to everything, and I mean everything: pumpkin and maple coffee, pumpkin and maple donuts, pumpkin and maple pattern socks and underwear...you get the idea.
- September is one of my favorite months, because we Sci Fi fans get to watch all the new and returning TV/Streaming shows. I've binge-watched Netflix's Luke Cage & Iron Fist (the former was awesome, the latter, not so much) over the Summer, so now it's time to crank up the DVR and get ready for new programs including The Gifted, The Orville (both on Fox), and I may even check out the first episode of Young Sheldon on CBS. Star Trek: Discovery may turn out to be one of the most pirated shows on television. Of course, there's the whole week of CW Superhero programs that start in early October. Yeah, my Toob News plate for Sci Fi Journal will be full of cool stuff.
- Who's going to R.I. Comiccon, and if you are, which guests are you willing to wait in line for to get an autograph?
- And speaking of Conventions, did anyone besides Adam Tuchman attend Necronomicon?
- This month we also elect a new Board of Directors to lead this merry crew for the next two years. Good luck and Congratulations!
- September 28, 2017, marks the 30th Anniversary of the R.I. Science Fiction Club. That's an accomplishment few other SF fan clubs can claim, so we should make a big deal about this. Stay tuned.