Some random thoughts this time:
- I watched the season 11 premiere of Doctor Who this weekend. Jodie Whittaker's take on the Doctor is spot on, lots of fun, and I look forward to seeing more of her and her friends on Sunday nights.
- Season 2 of 'The Gifted', Fox TV's take on Mutants, just started. This post X-Men tale has some interesting characters, great villains, and a strong storyline. I watched all of season 1, and will probably watch this one using my Roku, since it conflicts with another favorite series, 'The Flash'. But one problem I have with this show, and the whole X-Men genre in general, is that there are too many Mutants. After awhile, their powers become commonplace, almost bordering on the ridiculous. "Gee, what power do you have?" "Oh, I have the power to turn my skin plaid, or any other pattern. The fashion designers are tripping over themselves to be the first to hire me." Or "I have the power to emit a powerful light, only, er, only it comes out of my butt. Yup, they call me Moonbeam."
- R.I. ComicCon is coming next month, and if there's any one celebrity I'd be willing to stand in line for hours to meet and get an autograph, it's Cassandra Peterson, aka, Elvira. My heart be still...
- What's the future of R.I. Public Access cable TV? Will we finally get on board the Community Media wagon, becoming a multimedia training ground for students, as well as PEG program producers? Or are we destined to become as useful as a rotary phone? How much does streaming play into this scenario?
- Has anyone finished their Christmas shopping yet?
- Some RISFC members agreed at a Club meeting, to participate in a story-writing project, with pairs contributing one paragraph at a time, which started with a simple title to build from. The final projects will be published here in Graffiti. Stay tuned...