Well, I would say that the meeting was a complete success!
For those who were unable to attend, we held our mandatory meeting tonight (August 19th) to discuss changes to the club bylaws regarding the Board of Directors, as well as hold nominations for the upcoming elections in September.
To keep things short and sweet, we voted and made the following changes within the bylaws:
1. Dues have been suspended on a temporary 2-year basis. Membership will be decided through attendance (3 meetings in one year for new members, 6 meetings in 2 years for current members).
2. We have changed the Board of Directors over from a committee format to a five-person format containing the following positions: Chairman, Vice Chairman, Treasurer, Communications Chair, and Event Planning Chair.
After these changes were voted on, we then held nominations for the Board of Directors:
- Chairman: Ian Kingston
- Vice Chairman: Calvin Watts III, Dale Miller
- Communications Chair: Marc Morisseau, Dale Miller
- Treasurer: Madison Morisseau
- Event Planning Chair: Barbara Kingston, Kat Ell
Elections for these positions will take place at our September meeting. We will take additional nominations prior to voting at the next meeting.
The bylaws have been added to the shared Google Drive, as well as the closed Facebook group.
We will also be doing a live demonstration on how to access and use the new Google system at the next meeting for any and all who are interested.
Keep an eye out for details on the September meeting!
Thanks to all that showed and voted, and we look forward to seeing you all at the next meeting! 😁